Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Hiding Place

Today in World Lit. II our professor went off on a tangent about couplets. As I sat there my mind started to wander and my thoughts gradually jumped on the back of my notes:

You see my face,
You see this mask,
So many questions you do ask;
Who are you?
That is the question
Which best suits my expression;
I do not know
Would be the answer,
Avoidance is my game just like some dancer;
I hide my identity
For myself, from others
Who knows me but the closest of brothers;
My God,
He knows with fullest clarity,
The secret to my flawed humanity;
I am content
That so few know my true being;
Blind eyes may continue, unseeing.

Granted my grammar and rhyming aren't the best, but it has served its purpose. My mind is now less crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment